SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D., M.A., & B.A. degrees with Honors in Islamic Studies in English from Al-Azhar University (Egypt).
- Imam & da’i in the USA & Canada since 2007.
- Lecturer of Islamic Studies in English at Azhar Univ., Cairo, since 2003.
- Instructor of Islamic Studies, Clemson University, OLLI, Clemson, SC, USA
- Co-translator of the whole Qur’an into English, 2004.
- A visiting Fulbright interfaith scholar (Aug.-Dec. 2007 & Sep. 2008-Feb. 2009).
- 10 years of experience in the field of Islamic translation (Arabic into English & vice versa).
- 5 years of experience in Islamic media productions.
- Excellent Islamic background based on Azhar’s educational programs.
- Public speaker (both in English & Arabic).
- Ijaza in Hafs style of recitation of the Qur’an.
- Basic knowledge of Christianity, Judaism, and the Bible.
- Senior Imam, Anatolia Islamic Centre, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, 2016 – present.
- Lecturer, Azhar University, Islamic Studies in English Dept, Faculty of Languages & Translation, Cairo, Egypt, July 2003—present.
- Official Imam, Islamic Society of Clemson, South Carolina, USA, September 2007 – January 2011.
- Official Imam, Al-Rashid Mosque, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Feb. 2011 to Jan. 2013.
- Official Imam, Masjid An-Noor, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, October 2013 – 2015.
- Muslim Adjunct Chaplain, Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, January 1, 2015 – January 2017 (http://www.brocku.ca/campus-ministries/ministries/muslim).
- Visiting Imam, Windsor Islamic Association, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (Jan. 23-Feb. 2, 2013).
- Visiting Imam, MAC, Vancouver Chapter, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Ramadan 2013.
- Visiting Imam, BCMA, Richmond Masjid, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada (Aug. 9-15, 2013).
- Visiting Imam, Masjid An-Noor, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada (Aug. 16-19, 2013).
- Visiting Imam, London Muslim Mosque, London, Ontario, Canada (Aug. 21-24, 2013).
- Visiting Imam, MAC, Toronto (@ Dundas), Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Aug. 24-Sep. 24, 2013).
- Visiting Imam, MAC, Toronto (@ Adelaide), Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Wednesdays (Aug. 24-Sep. 24, 2013).
- Visiting Imam, Muslim Association of Hamilton, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (Sep. 12-14, 2013).
- Visiting Imam, Dar Foundation, Oakville, Ontario, Canada (Sep. 24-29, 2013).
- Instructor, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, USA, “Islam from Within” course, OLLI Program, Fall 2009, Spring 2010, & Fall 2010.
- Academic Advisor, Fulbright-Hays Summer Program in Egypt, 2007.
- Interfaith Scholar, Fulbright Interfaith Community Action Program (ICAP) in the U.S.A. August 25-December 15, 2007 (then ICAP Follow-up Program Award September 2008-February 2009).
- Instructor, The American Open University, Cairo Branch, June-August 2007
- November 21, 2012: Alberta RCMP & National Security training, lecture on Islam, Keyano College, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada.
- October 2012: Initiating a campaign to respond to the offensive video (Innocence of Muslims) by sending a pamphlet I compiled about the Prophet (PBUH) to around 1.000.000 homes in Alberta, Canada to illuminate our non-Muslim neighbors about the noble message of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). The project was sponsored by Al-Rashid Mosque and the Muslim community in Edmonton.
- March-June 2014: In response to a verbal and physical attack on a veiled Muslim sister as she was leaving the mosque in September 2013, a project was initiated to send a pamphlet–highlighting the noble message of Islam and the common grounds with Christianity and Judaism–to 120,000 homes in the Niagara Region. The project was sponsored by the Muslim community in St. Catharines and Niagara Falls.
- December 2013-June 2014: Campaign to mail the Islam-Awareness pamphlet to all homes in the Niagara region–around 120,000 in total.
- January 2012 – Present: Home Da’wa program to visit gatherings of youth (mostly non-practicing) in their homes to teach them about Islam, prayers, repentance, and the different challenges they face in the Canadian society (such as drugs, drinking, dating, etc.). Our motto is: if you don’t come to the mosque, the mosque will go to you.
- November-December 2011: Da’wa workshop to train about 50 brothers and sisters on how to make da’wa to Muslims and non-Muslims and to help with da’wa activities at Al-Rashid mosque and outside.
- 2008-2010: Distributing about 1,000 da’wa bags to the neighbors of the Islamic Center of Clemson, South Carolina, USA to spread awareness of Islam and its teachings.
- 2009-2010: Starting a course titled ISLAM FROM WITHIN at Clemson University, South Carolina, USA through OLLI Program.From 2007 to present, as an imam in the U.S.A. & Canada and a Fulbright interfaith scholar, I participated in dialogue, represented Islam and/or the Muslim community, or lectured on “Islam; the common grounds between Islam, Christianity, and Judaism; and misconceptions about Islam” at:
Churches, Synagogues, and Temples:
- Central United Church, Welland, ON, Canada (2 lectures on Islam, May 17 and 24, 2015).
- Silver Spire Church, St. Catharines, ON, Canada (Religious Chanting in Abrahamic Traditions, May 17, 2015).
- Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, Waterloo, ON, Canada (panel presentation on Islamic Monotheism, Feb. 4, 2015).
- Unitarian Universalist Church, St. Catharines, ON, Canada (Nov. 10, 2013). Again as a guest speaker (September 21, 2014). Audio: http://unitarian-stcatharines.org/audio/imam.mp3).
- Westwood Unitarian Church, Southside Edmonton, AB, Canada, lecture: What Islam Is (Not) (Oct. 14, 2012).
- Concordia Lutheran Seminary, Edmonton, AB, Canada (2 lectures, Jan. 26, 2012).
- Boulevard Baptist Church, International Dinner, Anderson, SC, USA (Nov. 7, 2010).
- University Baptist Church, Annual International Day, Clemson, SC, USA (Oct. 9, 2010).
- Saint John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Walhalla, SC, USA, 2 presentations (June 6 & 13, 2010).
- The Episcopal Church of the Ascension, Seneca, SC, USA , 2 presentations (March 7 & 14, 2010).
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Clemson, Clemson, SC, USA, presentation on Islam (Feb. 28, 2010).
- First Baptist Church of Clemson, Clemson, SC, USA (Oct. 1st, 2009).
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Clemson, Clemson, SC, USA–panelist (Sep. 10, 2009).
- Clemson United Methodist Church, Clemson, SC, USA (Jan. 11, 2009).
- Keowee Key (Marina Villas), Salem, SC, USA (Jan. 31, 2009).
- Saint Mark United Methodist Church, Seneca, SC, USA (Nov. 30, 2008).
- Seneca Presbyterian Church, Seneca, SC, USA , 2 lectures (Apr. 23 & May 7, 2008).
- The First Church of Christ, Congregational, Redding Center, CT, USA (Oct. 28, 2007).
- The First Church of Christ, Congregational, Farmington, CT, USA (Nov. 11, 2007).
- The First Church of Christ, Unionville, CT, USA (Nov. 13, 2007).
- The First Church of Christ, Glastonbury, CT, USA (Nov. 14, 2007).
- Trinity Episcopal Church, Tariffville, CT, USA (Nov. 25, 2007).
- United Methodist Church of Hartford, Hartford, CT, USA (Dec. 2, 2007).
- The First Church of Christ, Simsbury, CT, USA (Dec. 12, 2007).
- The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles, CA, USA (Sep. 2007).
- The Sinai Temple (Synagogue), Los Angeles, CA, USA (Sep. 2007).
- Beth David Synagogue, W. Hartford, CT, USA (Nov. 2007).
- Garden Shartse Thubten Dhargye Ling (Buddhist Temple), Long Beach, CA, USA (Sep. 2007).
- The Hindu Malibu Temple, Los Angeles, CA, USA (Sep. 2007).
- University of California-Santa Barbara UCSB, CA, USA (Aug.-Sep. 2007).
- University of California-Los Angeles UCLA, CA, USA (Sep. 2007).
- Temple University (Philadelphia, PA, USA, October 2007).
- Hartford Seminary, Hartford, CT, USA (Oct.-Dec. 2007).
- Saint Joseph College, Hartford, CT, USA (Nov. 11, 2007).
- Clemson University, Clemson, SC, USA (on several occasions, 2008-2010).
- Furman University, Greenville, SC, USA (on several occasions, Sep.-Nov. 2010).
- Georgian College, Ontario, Canada (one presentation, Feb. 8, 2011).
- Amiskwaciy Academy, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (multi-faith prayer, Basketball Provincial Championships opening ceremony, March 17, 2011).
- Edmonton Islamic Academy, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (on several occasions 2011-2012).
- Somali-Canadian Cultural Society of Edmonton, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (keynote speaker at high school graduation ceremony, June 29, 2011).
- Glengarry School, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (guest speaker, Oct. 6, 2011). Also in September 2012. Again on
October 29, 2012 (a talk to students about the meaning of Eidul-Adha).
- Queen Elizabeth High School, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (guest speaker at Eidul-Adha dinner party, Nov. 8, 2011). Again on Nov. 12, 2012.
- University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (speaker at the Muslim Students’ Association, Islamic Awareness Week, lecture title: “The Qur’an: Myths & Reality,” Feb. 7, 2012). See link: ( http://msauofa.com/2012/01/iaw-keynote-speakers/). Again on March 1, 2012, a lecture on misconceptions about Muslim Women, Tory Building 3-65. Also on April 4, 2012, guest speaker at the UofA MSA’s 1st annual interfaith week, theme “Faith & the Environment.” Also on Sep. 22, 2012, presentation on Salah Mistakes.
- NAIT, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (speaker at the Muslim Students’ Association, Islamic Awareness Week, lecture title: “What Islam Is (NOT),” Feb. 29, 2012). Again on May 3, 2012: a lecture on Islam (R. Club).
- Grant MacEwan, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (guest speaker at the Muslim singles event, March 2, 2012). Also a lecture on the history and development of the Arabic Language (Oct. 15, 2012). Also on Nov. 28, 2012 a PowerPoint presentation on the common mistakes in Salah.
- Killarney Junior High School, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (speaker, Health Day: Islamic Sex Ed, 2 lectures: grades 7, 8, & 9 on May 17, 2012).
- Edmonton Christian High School, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (lecture: Islam in Brief, grade 12, Dec. 3, 2012).
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Iftar and a short talk, July 19, 2013).
- Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada (talk “Interaction with the Opposite Gender,” Nov. 25, 2013). Again on Jan. 13, 2014 (lecture on Significance of Prayers). Again on March 6, 2014 (lecture at MSA Islam Awareness Week, titled: The Misunderstood Qur’an).
- Niagara College, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada (lecture about Islam,” Nov. 19, 2014).
- Hartford Hospital (Chapel), Hartford, CT, USA (one khutbah, Oct. 26, 2007).
- AnMed Health, Anderson, SC, USA–panelist, Rights & Needs of Muslim patients (Sep. 11, 2008).
- Oconee Medical Center, opening new patient tower chapel, Seneca, SC, USA (Nov. 19, 2009).
- Royal Alex Hospital and some other hospitals in Edmonton, AB, Canada (visiting chaplain), 2011-2012).
Islamic Centers & Organizations:
- Islamic Association of Greater Hartford, Berlin, CT, USA (on several occasions 2007).
- Islamic Society of Greenville, SC, USA (on several occasions, 2007-2010).
- Jamaat Ibad Ar-Rahman (aka Islamic Center of Durham), NC, USA (on several occasions, 2008-2009).
- Mohammad Mosque 14, Hartford, CT, USA (one khutbah or Friday sermon and prayer on Dec. 7, 2007).
- Masjid Al-Rahman, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, USA (one khutbah, November 2007).
- Islamic Center of Fayetteville, NC, USA (Aug. 8, 2009).
- Islamic Center of Greensboro, NC, USA “The Image of Islam & Muslims on Fox News” (July 24, 2010).
- The Barrie Mosque, Barrie, Ontario, Canada (one lecture, Feb. 8, 2011).
- Al-Ameen Islamic Center, Edmonton, Canada (one lecture “Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People,” May 28, 2011).
- Alberta Somali Islamic Institution of Edmonton, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (lecture on “Challenges Facing Muslim Youth in Canada,” Nov. 11, 2011). see lecture here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejdform2kJ4
- ICNA/Edmonton Chapter, Alberta, Canada (Eidul-Adha dinner party at the Meridian Banquet Hall, lecture on “Legacy of Abraham,” Nov. 10, 2011).
- AIYC Muslim Youth Center, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (lecture on “How to Maximize Your Hasanat in Ramadan,” Aug. 11, 2012).
- ICNA, Carry the Light Conference, Edmonton, AB, Canada, (speaker, lecture title: Da’wa to Muslims), (Oct. 14, 2012). Watch video here: (www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7o9kbU0-e4).
- Fort-McMurray Islamic Center, Alberta, Canada (one lecture “Da’wa to Muslims,” Nov. 21, 2012).
- Sahaba Mosque, “Keep Your Heart Alive” Conference, Edmonton, AB, Canada, (speaker, lecture title: Heart: the Hidden Asset) (Dec. 23, 2012).
- Da’wa Tour in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Jan. 23-Feb. 2, 2013 (lectures at Windsor Islamic Association, Dar Al-Hijra, MSA at the University of Windsor, and RCIC).
- Sakinah Community Center, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada (guest speaker, Sep. 7 & 21, 2013).
- Islamic Center of Newmarket, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada (guest speaker, Sep. 15, 2013).
- Islamic Community Center of Ontario (ICCO), Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (speaker at the ICCO’s fundraising dinner, Sep. 12, 2013).
- Islamic Society of Niagara Falls ISNP (Friday khutba, April 4, 2014).
- Sudanese Canadian Cultural Center (Arabic lecture on raising Muslim children in the West, June 19, 2014. Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zTLgebPR6c ).
- Hamilton Downtown Mosque, Hamilton, ON, Canada (Friday khutba, January 9, 2015).
- Moeen Centre for physically and mentally challenged youths, Scarborough, ON, Canada (guest speaker, January 10, 2015).
- The Je Suis Moi event, organized by Qamar Foundation and the Islamic Society of St. Catharines, ON, Canada (panelist, Feb. 27, 2015, Collegiate School).
- Pelham Public Library, Fonthill, ON, Canada (speaker, What Islam Is (Not), Jan. 19, 2015).
- World Religion Day interfaith gathering, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, Canada (Jan. 18, 2015).
- Edmonton City Hall, speaker (talk about the Significance of Eid Al-Adha & Sacrifice in Islam) at the Phoenix interfaith commemoration of Abrahamic holidays, Edmonton, AB, Canada (Dec. 16, 2012). See video here:www.youtube.com/watch?v=tACURyBVTVs
- Alberta’s Parliament (Legislature Building), guest at the 1st Session of the Twenty-Eighth Legislature (May 24, 2012). Again, a guest at the Celebration of Eid Al-Adha, Nov. 5, 2012.
- Liberal Party Convention, round-table conversation with Senator James Cowan & Senator Grant Michell about the challenges facing the Muslim community in Edmonton (Delta Edmonton South Hotel, June 23, 2012).
- Eid Reception, Nighbourhood House, Victoria Drive, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (guest speaker, Co-existence between Muslims and Non-Muslims, Aug. 10, 2013).
* South Carolina Department of Corrections SCDC, January 2009-January 2011
–Volunteer Chaplain: the goal of this endeavor is to reach out to Muslim inmates (mostly African-American) in SC prisons to educate them about the true, moderate message of Islam, tend to their religious and spiritual needs, and to prepare them to be better individuals once they are out of jail.
* Fajr Channel (Qur’an Channel)
–Senior Consultant of the Reciters’ Selection Committee, Fajr Satellite Channel, Cairo Office 2004-05.
–Assistant of the General Manager, Department of Competitions, Fajr Channel, Cairo Office, 2005.
–Senior Translator of Isha (night prayers) aired from the Sacred Mosque in Mecca. Translation done at the channel’s studios in the Egyptian Media Production City, 6th of October City, 2005.
–Deputy Manager of the Interactive Services Department, Fajr Channel, 2005.
* Dawn Productions (Islamic Media Productions Company)
–Full-time Translator, 2003-04. As a member of the Dawn Translation Team, I participated in:
* Broadcasting the simultaneous English translation of the 2003 Ramadan Night Prayers (Taraweeh) directly from the Sacred Mosque’s TV studios in Mecca.
* Translating the company’s official websites: www.dawnpro.com and www.taraweeh.com.
* Monitoring the first simultaneous French translation of the 2004 Taraweeh prayers from the Prophet’s Mosque’s TV studios in Medina.
* Translating and preparing programs for the London-based Islam Channel.
* Almajd International (now called Huda TV), 2002-03
–Translator. During my work for Al-Majd, I prepared as well as participated in some programs and did many Islamic translations, the most important of which is the first simultaneous English translation of the Taraweeh Prayers from the Sacred Mosque in Mecca.
* IQRA’ Satellite Channel (Islamic Channel)
–Freelance Translator of Islamic programs (into English), 1999 – 2001.
* Noon TV
–Vice President, Administration, (under construction) 2006-07.
* Freelance Translator
–Two academic papers titled “Did Jesus Die on the Cross?” and “God’s Attributes in Al-Ash’ari’s Doctrine” (into Arabic) by Joseph Cumming, Yale University, USA, e-mail: email@example.com.
–(Volunteer) Translator Manager, Bridges Foundation, 2007. Visit: www.bridges-foundation.org
–Co-translator of Imam Al-Qurtubi’s classic work At-Tadhkirah (into English). Translation available online at:
–Co-translator of Bridges Foundation’s documentary on Islam titled “The Fog is Lifting.” Watch teasers at: www.fogislifting.com
–Co-translator of a book titled “Joy Forever” (into English).
- Clemson Mosque (South Carolina, USA, 2009).
- Greenville Mosque (South Carolina, USA, 2010).
- Al-Rashid Mosque (Edmonton, AB, Canada, 2011).
- I spoke at the fundraiser for MAC (Mississauga, ON, Canada, 2013).
- Masjid An-Noor (St. Catharines, ON, Canada, 2014).
- Masjid Aisha (Niagara Falls, ON, Canada, 2014).
- Masjid Asalam (Brampton, ON, Canada, 2015).
–Soccer tournaments: Clemson International tournament (South Carolina, 2009, 3rd place), July 1 Somali tournament (Edmonton, 2011, 1st place), and Vancouver Muslim tournament (British Columbia, 2012, couldn’t make it to the finals ).
–Youth camps: Al-Rashid Youth Club (Jasper, Alberta, July 2011), Somali Youth Club (Pigeon Lake, Alberta, 2012).
–Unofficial Imam, a mosque in Cairo 1999.
–Private Arabic tutor for native English speakers 1999-2001.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* Ph.D. Degree, March 2008-June 2013: (PhD topic: “The Image of Islam & Muslims in the American Media with a Special Reference to Fox News (Post 9/11).” Degree obtained on June 18, 2013 with “EXCELLENT WITH HONORS.”
* M.A. Degree (Master’s Thesis: “The Nation of Islam (NOI) in the U.S.A.” The Ideology & Role of the Movement in the American Society), Islamic Studies Division, English Department, Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt 2004-2007. M.A. degree obtained on May 9, 2007 “WITH HONORS.” Session for the Examination & Defense of the dissertation was covered in 3 episodes of Huda TV’s “Focus Points” program.
* Pre-Masters program in Islamic studies, English Dep., Azhar University, Cairo, 2002-04.
* B.A. Degree in Islamic Studies, 2002, Faculty of Languages & Translation, English Dept, Azhar Univ.
<Grade average of Excellent with Honors.
<Ranked first in the English Department.
<Ranked second in the whole faculty.
* Azhar Education: Preliminary School 1989, Preparatory School 1992, & Secondary Certificate 1997.
* Bridges Foundation, two courses on “Presenting Islam & Refuting Misconceptions,” April-May 2006. Website: www.bridges-foundation.org
* Human Resources course, MARC center, Al-Ahram Newspaper, February, 2006.
* Translating Speeches course at the American University in Cairo (AUC) in 2002.
* At Sight Translation course at Saleh Kamel Institute in 2000.
* Newspaper Translation course at Saleh Kamel Institute in 1999.
* English course at the British Council, Agouza in 1998.
* Private English tuition by Sadiq Long (U.S. Muslim), 2001, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONFERENCES & TRAINING
- Islamic Council of New England, 21st Conference, (October 2007), Massachusetts.
- AMJA/NAIF Imam Workshop (6-9 February 2009), Houston, Texas.
- NAIF 7th imams Annual Conference (5-8 February 2010), New York.
- MANA 1st Regional Conference (April 10, 2010), Atlanta, Georgia.
- Carolinas Imam Council CIC (a quarterly meeting of imams from NC & SC, member: 2008-2010).
- Inter-Masajid Shura (IMS) Council (a periodical meeting of representatives of mosques, Edmonton, AB: 2011-2012).
- RYC Youth Conference “Nation of Strangers,” Speaker (lecture: Religion vs. Tradition, Jan. 1, 2012), Edmonton, AB, Canada (Watch lecture here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYu8gXonlj8).
- iERA dawa workshop with Abdirahim Green (Sep. 2012), Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Youth Drug Rehab workshop organized by GTA Faith Alliance, Richmond Hill, ON, Canada (Dec. 7, 2013).
- Reviving Islamic Spirit (RIS) convention 2013 and 2014, Toronto, ON, Canada (December).
- Ontario Multifaith Council’s Conference “Spiritual Responses to People in Crisis,” Sheraton Conference Centre, Richmond Hill, ON, Canada (Jan. 20, 2014).
- Canadian Council of Imams, meetings May 2015 to present.
COMMAND OF ENGLISH
* TOEFL iBT: 112 out of 120.
* IELTS: 7.5 out of 9.
* GRE: Verbal (540), Quantitative (430).
-Marital status: Married (father of 3: Yasmin, Ziyad, & Noura).
-Date of Birth: July 1, 1977.
-Birthplace: Monofiya Governorate (about 50 miles to the north of Cairo).
-Military service: Exempted
-Languages: Arabic (mother tongue), English (excellent), German (fair).
-Hobbies: Reading, swimming, farming, biking, computing, surfing the internet, and Arabic calligraphy.
* Dr. Zijad Delic, SNMC Imam, Nepean, Ontario, Canada. Phone: 613-898-7662. E-mail: email@example.com
* Imam Habeeb Alli, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Phone: 416-823-1738. E-mail: HAlli@idrf.ca
* Imam Refaat Mohamed, Newmarket Islamic Center, Ontario, Canada. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Imam Sherif Ayoup, Imam of Al-Rashid mosque, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. E-mail: email@example.com
* Imam Amr Dabour, Bay County Islamic Society, Panama City, Florida. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Mr. Adam Najmeddine, Al-Rashid Mosque board member. email: email@example.com
* Mr. Nedal Mefleh, President of the Islamic Society of Clemson. Phone: 864-710-3717. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org * Dr. Tanju Karanfil, former President of the Islamic Society of Clemson. Phone: 864-650-3609. Email: email@example.com
PUBLICATIONS & MEDIA APPEARANCES
During my stay in the U.S.A. and Canada, I contributed to or was interviewed/profiled by a number of North American publications/news outlets including:
- Author of The Nation of Islam: The History, Ideology, and Development of the Black Muslim Movement in America (An Islamic Perspective), Lambert Academic Publishing, 2011: www.amazon.com/Nation-Islam-Ideology-Development-Perspective/dp/384651215X
- I contributed to Dr. Edward E. Curtis IV’s Encyclopedia of Muslim American History(www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Muslim-American-History-Edward-Curtis/dp/0816075751/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280147987&sr=8-1-spell). Contact Dr. Curtis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Fox Carolina, Sep. 9, 2010: http://www.foxcarolina.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks_video_id=4334055
- I have been interviewed in 2011 & 2012 by several Canadian news channels such as CBC News, CBC Radio, 630 Radio News, OMNI News, and many newspapers.
- Several interviews by The Standard (St. Catharines). For example: http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015/01/07/violence-never-the-answer-says-local-imam
- A regular guest on Huda TV (sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBw5hMVpXF4).
- Praxis (Hartford Seminary, Hartford, Connecticut), April 2008, see my article on page 10-11: (http://www.hartsem.edu/about/Praxis/hs_praxis%20apr08.pdf)
- The Chronicle of Higher Education (Washington D.C.), December 21, 2007: (http://chronicle.com/weekly/v54/i17/17a02502.htm)
- Anderson Independent Mail, (Anderson, South Carolina), Friday, January 11, 2008: (http://www.independentmail.com/news/2008/jan/11/mondays-mustafa-conversations-new-imam-clemson-mos/)
- Anderson Independent Mail, (Anderson, South Carolina), Friday, December 12, 2008: (http://www.independentmail.com/news/2008/dec/12/different-holiday-celebrated-clemson-mosque/)
- Anderson Independent Mail, (Anderson, South Carolina), Friday, June 5, 2009:(http://www.independentmail.com/news/2009/jun/04/muslims-welcome-obamas-speech/)
- Interview with Imam Mustafa: North of Cairo, and Looking Up, Feb. 2011: www.nathanfelmore.com/north-of-cairo-and-looking-up/
- Institute of International Education 2007 Annual Report, page 13: (http://www.iie.org/PDFs/AnnualReport2007/IIEAnnualReport2007.pdf)
- Official Website of Fulbright Commission, Egypt: (www.fulbright-egypt.org/stories/docs/%7B0550CE90-C210-4758-B419-6295A8D3FD01%7D.doc)
- Several article for Islam101, 2012, Edmonton, Canada.